Hey, I don’t post here enough. Life gets in the way. But mostly anxiety and self-loathing do. Anyway, here’s what’s going on since I last posted:
- I just had a little essay picked up by Brevity, about being first in my family to graduate high school and then attend Northwestern.
- I celebrated a year of sobriety! (Not my first rodeo, but hopefully my last)
- I went to the Tin House Winter Workshop in CNF and worked with Hanif Abdurraqib. It was a beautiful weekend, and I fell in love with the PNW.
- Ever since my Longreads essay came out last October, literary agents have been reaching out to talk about my essay collection. It’s a dark humor book (sort of like David Sedaris but, like, darker, fatter, broker, and Latina). I’m still trying to figure this process out. If you have tips, please slide into my DMs.
- My love life is still a mess. And dudes still sometimes ask to pay me to smother them (see Urban Dictionary smother)